Experienced Diesel Mechanic – Warrnambool
Attractive Salary Package
Wheelie Waste is a professional waste management organisation that provides kerbside collection services and other waste management programs across Victoria. We service our own fleet of vehicles from our Warrnambool operations depot. Whilst we don’t require applicants to hold a recognised qualification, we are seeking an experienced diesel mechanic or trades person with a demonstrated history of working with diesel machinery. Applicants will demonstrate a history of hand on experience relevant to the diesel mechanics trade and or a possible diesel mechanics qualification. A current and clean medium rigid (MR) truck driving license as well as your own set of hand tools will be highly considered but these are not essential.
The incumbent will work alongside an established team in a modern and safe working environment. You will have the ability to diagnose all issues relevant to the mechanical operations of diesel engines along with a unique understanding of electrical systems and diagnostic tools and equipment. The successful applicant will be available to continue working at the conclusion of shifts until all daily scheduled works are completed. Applicants may be asked to submit to a police check.
- Strong ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience working with diesel engines
- Ability to diagnose electrical issues and read circuit diagrams
- Medium rigid truck driving license (favoured but not essential)
- Be available to work extended hours (when required)
- Observe strict Work Health and Safety practices
- Report to workshop manager as directed
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Complete work instructions as directed and instructed by depot manager.
- Completing appropriate job reports to ensure accurate record of tasks completed.
- Utilise resources to ensure maximum efficiency for ultimate benefit of customers and clients.
- Take responsibility for security of the plant and equipment, loose tools, motor equipment and all vehicles.
- Be attentive and sensitive to management requirements and direction by adopting and maintaining a diligent attitude to work practices.
- Comply with all documented WH&S policies, procedures, work instructions and verbal instructions issued by managers and supervisors.
- Correctly use and maintain all personal protective clothing and equipment supplied by Wheelie Waste
- Perform routine duties in accordance with established and documented processes as required.
- Undertake other duties which are relevant to the position as requested.
- Assist in the support and development of any trainees and apprentices on site.
- Provide support to fellow workers throughout the workshop
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Observe and adhere to established Work Health and Safety practices as directed.
- Submit to random drug and alcohol testing as directed by the WH&S officer.
ORGANISATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS / ACCOUNTABILITY
Reports to: Workshop Manager
Internal Liaisons: Human Resources Department
External Liaisons: Suppliers and contractors, community members/groups, and members of the general public.
Application must include,
1. A resume
2. A letter of application that addresses the criteria, and
3. Current references.