Side Lift Driver – Shepparton
FULL TIME & CASUAL, SIDE LIFT TRUCK DRIVER – SHEPPARTON
Wheelie Waste is seeking the services of a ‘Side Lift Driver’ for our Shepparton depot. At this point in time we are seeking a suitably qualified drivers. Full time and Casual Positions availiable. We are looking for a person with a good work ethic and history, along with a, ‘can do’ attitude. Applicants will have a clean driving history and possibly have similar experience. You will hold a minimum of a current HR (heavy rigid) driver’s license and be ready to commence following a comprehensive induction process and with minimal supervision thereafter. You will have a demonstrated ability to problem solve on the run. Applicants with an understanding of Smartphone technology are favoured.
The incumbent driver will be available to commence all shifts at approximately 6am each day. You will be responsible for ensuring that your vehicle is clean and safe to drive at the beginning and end of each shift. You will also observe and maintain strict adherence to, Work Health and Safety practices as directed by management and in accordance with the directive of Fairwork Australia.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Adhere to organisational documented policies and procedures, including any new or revised policies and procures communicated through memorandums.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections as directed.
- Record faults or service requirements and report same to management as directed
- Report any accidents or incidents immediately using prescribed form and reports.
- Participate in any training/education programs as required, or as directed by Management.
- Adhere to Work Health and Safety as directed by management.
- Operate in a safe and professional manner, ensuring that vehicles are not overloaded.
- Drive in a safe, legal and vigilant manner
- Ensure the safety of customers, members of the public and fellow employees
- Follow prescribed collection instructions as directed by management.
- Ensure paperwork is completed and submitted on a daily basis
- Assist customers, the general public and law enforcement officers in a respectful and pleasant manner at all times.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is kept in a clean, safe and well-maintained condition at all times.
- Ensure ALL bins are left in an upright manner and any spilt rubbish is immediately cleaned up.
- A valid and current driver’s licence.
- Heavy Rigid driver’s license or higher
- 2 years minimum driving experience at MR license level
- RTA / VicRoads printout required
- Basic Mechanical Knowledge
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Understanding of Smartphones and applications thereof
- Previous experience and licences for other machinery/equipment an advantage (eg excavator/forklift)
- Ability to take direction and complete requests
- Ability to work alone and with others
- Good communication skills including written
- Local area knowledge an advantage but not essential
Application must include a resume and letter of application (including current references) that addresses the criteria above.
Applications can be uploaded to the website, posted or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Wheelie Waste, 3 Chatham Court, Warrnambool 3280.